The license grant is defined in the End-User Licence Agreement (“EULA”) for each product. This page is less legalese than the EULA, communicates our licensing philosophy more comprehensibly, and has FAQ at the bottom of the page.
How we license the Use of our products
We license our products for these Uses:
- Commercial use: Income-generating use of any kind, whether direct or indirect.
- Academic use: Teaching in class, or participating in the Process Simulation Cup (PSC), or working on a Bachelor or Master thesis, but not Commercial use.
- Trial use: Evaluation use, but not Commercial use and not Academic use.
See the FAQ below for interpretations and examples.
Which Users we license our products to
We license our products to these Users:
- Industry users: A process engineer working for an Owner-Operator, an Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) company, an Equipment Manufacturer, a Consulting company, or a Research Institute.
- Academic users: A professor or a PhD student currently employed, or a Bachelor or Master student currently enrolled, at an accredited university.
Industry users and Academic users are disjunct. See the FAQ below for interpretations and examples.
For which Usage we license our products
We license our products for these Usages:
- Named user access: Personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable set of login credentials (username and password) to access our products.
- Computing transactions (RUN commands): Number of executions of the CHEMCAD “Run”, “Run Selected UnitOp”, “Run Selected Recycles”, or “Run Dynamics” commands.
- Computing time (hours): Number of hours that CHEMCAD is running, by started minutes.
All products are licensed on the Named user access basis. In addition, some products contain Computing transactions and/or Computing time. See the FAQ below for interpretations and examples.